Here's the long overdue PestoMix 018, this time by Simon Tappenden - a true deep tech House soldier deluxe, supplying the global underground scene with arse-kicking tracks and DJ mixes since the 1990ies of the last century.
This mix represents that deep TechHouse flavour artists from England are famous and loved for (at least by myself). But it surely also bears Simon's distinctive signature which you will also be able to check out soon on our upcoming 2.0 compilation "Deep Blue Dubs". We're happy to have one of Simon Tappenden's tracks among a bunch of other deep tunes, coming to Beatport on 28th September 2011.
Speaking of british performers, let me put it like this: if Paul Jones' PestoMix was a Pesto alla Genovese, this is a Pesto Nero in the best sense of the word. Enjoy!
01. Rene Breitbarth - Leisure Larry (Franklin De Costa Remix)
02. The Timewriter - King Of Calm
03. Hans Thalau - Tuva (Rene Breitbarth Remix)
04. Matthais Vogt - Rudiments
05. Claudio Giordano - Gardens Of Flower
06. Brawther - Spaceman Funk
07. Danny Howells - Everything's Here (Deetron Remix)
08. Cosmin TRG - Magnetic Bodies
09. Mathias Kaden & Pi-ge - Konomama
10. Rene Breitbarth - Right And Left
11. Ossie - The Power Of Love
12. Kuningas - Jupiter
13. Avenir - My Mood
14. Karol XVII & MB Valence - Anxiety
15. SoundSAM - Trails Of Acid
16. Kevin Griffiths - Cantona Kung Fu (Arto Mwambe Remix)
17. Roman Stange - Paratroupr Maximal
click here to be transferred to iTunes
click here for the direct MP3 link or right-click and choose "save as"
Let's begin with the remix that's been out first. Released on 18th Jan (the second day of my Berlin week), we have "Believe" released via my bulgarian friends from U.S.B. Here's the full tune from Pesto Music's Soundcloud profile, a Beatport link is included on the Soundcloud page for that tune or will be displayed if you click on the "down" arrow at the right hand side of the player. A link to the track on YouTube will be shown by clicking on the info button above said arrow symbol:
We are staying in eastern Europe, going up a bit north to Romania and that's where Addex resides. I've had the great pleasure to remix his tune "Gratitude" that features Christoph Kardek (going further north west if you will) from France. My remix is part of a couple of other really must-hear reworks of Addex's album "Moments in timeless strings" on the highly reputated Etoka label. I posted this one to my Soundcloud account as well: there's a set named "What I'm currently working on" with - you guessed it - stuff that I'm currently mangling through my magic music making machine here. Since there are so many other cool mixes, I'll post the Beatport player here instead:
The last stop of our little journey through Europe takes us further westward to the beautiful city of Madrid in Spain. That's the homebase of the fresh Alma Soul imprint, a label that has failed to disappoint with its releases and I'm happy to be a member of their ever growing artist roster. I was asked to remix Ramiro Lopez' "Gift Co". Which I did and found myself on the release that just came out today, together with a long time Pestolero and supporter, a certain Mr. K-Bana:)
Here's that Beatport player:
We've published a new PestoMix earlier today though that contains a couple of tunes from Pesto EP001 and from other upcoming releases. To further satisfy your needs for world-class DJ mixes and fresh music, we have put together a couple of really awesome mixes that contain one or another tune from Deep Discoveries.
Let's begin with Nacho Marco of Spain's Loudeast. This link leads to a file on yousendit.com so better be quick with grabbing that one. It will last for 7 days:
Next on our list is Martin who runs the immensely successful DeepGroove radio show with over 2,500 listeners. You will find tonnes of more great DJ mixes there:
Mr. Jones of the Disclosure Project must be regarded one of Pesto's most constant supporters, with awesome DJ mixes regularly posted to his Mixcloud:
And speaking of constant supporters, Russia's AMDJS are none less. The deep brother and sister (literally!) run the highly acclaimed AMDJS radio show that's broadcasted on 26 stations in Russia, Brazil, Lithuania, France and Ukraine:
Have a great weekend & we hope you enjoy the mixes as much as we do!
Let's begin with Spain's Nacho Marco, a name you've probably come across if you're into Deep House. This guy knows how it's done and among the great remixes he delivers, he's also the man behind the renowned Loudeast imprint. Here's a link to the latest episode of his Loudeast FM show on mixcloud.com:
Then we have France's Yohan Esprada, who has just released a smashing remix for Robert Owen's "Deep Down", a release currently residing at #1 on Traxsource's single charts. Yohan runs radio shows on Paris Deeper One as well as on SSRadio UK. Here's a link to his page, please check out Progression Session #51:
Up next, there's Mr. Jones of The Disclosure Project. Hmm...does his name ring some bell? Oh yes, it's the very same Mr. Jones who did our current PestoMix 010. Ch...ch...ch...check this out:
Another long-time supporter of Pesto is HD aka Marc (although he got a bit lazy returning feedback recently - shame on you, Marc...LOL). Marc runs the "House Essentials - The Spirit Of Life" show on SSRadio, here's a deep link to the episode in question (requires free registration to listen & comment OR subscribe to the feed link in order to download the mixes - which is a good idea anyways):
Straight from Radio Yerevan, umm, no! Straight from another staple of Deep House Ashot Babayan aka "Krummstoff" comes the following mix (please see below for a politically correct justification of the joke on Radio Yerevan). Ashot comes from Yerevan, Armenia and runs "Low Flow Records" - I think it's the only Deep House label from Armenia (if it's not, then it's definitely the best there - literally ALL of their releases hold at least one tune I'm playing for sure!). Well, here's Ashot's mix - also broadcasted via Ibizasonica just a few of days ago:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e6b0jr (not sure how long this link is valid, so better grab it fast!)
Regarding Radio Yerevan: these used to be running gags in times of the Soviet Union (yeah right, in Soviet Russia, gags run you...). Basis of these jokes is the fictual radio station "Radio Yerevan" that answers questions sent in by users. Both questions as well as answers are plain ridiculous and make you laugh your arse off, given you dig this kind of humour. Like stated above, Yerevan these days is more famous for great House musique in the shape of Low Flow Records - in case you were born after 1980, you probably won't understand the jokes at all (please see Iron Curtain in order to brush up your common knowledge then).
Last but not least, we'd like to present you another mix by a good friend of Pesto, published on the blog of another good friend of Pesto. Sounds weird? It's not. Doddi's "All kinds of music" blog has long been residing in our feedreaders as this guy collects some of the very best DJ mix downloads you can find around. As Doddi is not limited to a particular genre, you will find great Deep House mixes as well as super awesome Drum'n'Bass mixes. Any way, he posted a link to a DJ set of our greek mate Nestoras, also including a guest mix by Cadatta in the second hour of the mix. Get it here:
Of course, there are a lot more DJ mixes available for download, this is just a small fraction. We'll add more mixes here - if you published a mix on your page that hasn't been covered here, send us a message via our contact form and we'll happily update this post.
Today, Open House brings you exclusive sets by two artists who are synonymous with quality House Music…
The first hour is brought to you by Da Funk – The Swiss producer/DJ discovered the scene as a teenager nearly 20 years ago, and has been involved ever since. He started Acryl Music in 2004 which prides itself on deep, techy, forward thinking & innovative House music – and if you are into quality deep, then you are likely to have heard his work.
Da Funk's tracklist:
01. Ark – Rising
02. Soul Minority – Get Together
03. Brendon Moeller – Phazed & Confused
04. Wagon Cookin – Fever (Nacho Marco Remix)
05. Allen – Freezing (Felipe Venegas Flute Break Remix)
06. DJ Bee – Ten Years (Jesus Gonsev Remix)
07. Hey O Hansen – Moon (Jack Is A Simple Fella Mix)
08. Jim Rivers – By Any Means (Luna City Express Remix)
09. Kevin Yost – Too Cool For Me
10. Jay Shepheard – Arrowhead County (Roberto Rodriguez Remix)
11. John Daly – Do It
12. Nomi & Rampa – Inside (&Me Remix)
13. Paronator – September (Da Funk’s Freefloater Dub)
The show’s closing hour is mixed by German production master Jon Silva. Also a veteran to the scene, Jon has been involved with the production and distribution of quality deep and tech house since the late 80’s and has a pile of 12 inch records to his name. In 2001 he developed his own imprint called Pesto, which first influenced my taste in deeper shades of house music. Enjoy!
Jon Silva's tracklist:
01. Ricardo Rueda – Summer Time
02. Fernando Mesa – Need U
03. Bucher & Kessidis – Central Park
04. Norman Creed & Patryk Molinari – Access
05. Berny – Shplatten (Joy Kitikonti Remix)
06. Coce Djz – Messing With My Mind
07. Piyush Awashti – Fragments (Santiago Garcia Remix)
08. Dan Curtin – Mr. Bean Do An E (DJ Madskillz Remix)
09. Ivan Weber – People Are Strange
10. Nick Fay – Progression (Jon Silva’s Rise & Fall Mix)
Just one thing though: I started releasing music in the late 1990ies, not 1980ies - I'm not THAT old as you'd guess from my wrinkles!;)
Here's the direct link to the episode. Make sure you also check out the other episodes of this brilliant weekly podcast, Randy has some really well known and interesting names up there.
How's that? Well, for nearly three years, we were customers at bluehost.com with our domain pesto-usa.com where all our podcasts, free MP3 downloads and a couple of media files are stored alongside some personal files such as MP3 snippets we send to other labels, demos from artists, promotional files and the likes. Despite the miserable bandwidth these servers provided from time to time, resulting in slow downloads for you, we were quite happy with the hosting service as web space was lots for small bucks.
In April 2009 though, bluehost contacted us with the following message:
Your web hosting account for pesto-usa.com has been deactivated (reason: terms of service violation).Although your web site has been disabled, your data may still be available for up to 15 days, after which it will be deleted.
Please note that the account was disabled (and therefore pesto-usa.com was unreachable) BEFORE they sent us this short message lacking details, rather than a suspected violation of their TOS. We opened a chat with their support asking what the trouble was all about when they told us that we had illegal MP3s on our servers. We kindly insisted on being a record company and dealing with MP3 files is the nature of our business and got the account unlocked again.
Apart from providers sniffing through our private data, their service just...umm...lacked. Ok, shit happens - so we went on with bluehost.com.
Just recently, we tried to renew our account as usual and due yearly just to find out that our credit card was rejected with "Code 2".
What does "Code 2" mean, we wondered and again opened a support chat. After the "support guy" advised to ask the card issuer what went wrong, we asked for a couple of more possible flaws: bluehost.com demands not only name of card holder, card number, valid till and security code data but also the full address of the holder, which in itself, is quite unusual. So we asked if it made a difference if we said "Cologne" instead of "Köln" (you surely notice the difference, yet it's still the same city - and btw, their forms don't accept +49 or 0049 as country code - only +1 or 001 for the USA is possible) which was answered again with "ask your card issuer" and the chat was closed immediately after that without any "bye" or "have a nice day" or whatever goes along these lines, also known as etiquette, especially towards paying customers.
To make a long story short, we switched the hosting company which also includes having to transfer all the files to our new hoster. So this transfer alone and necessary changes in the DNS settings may result in our audio files being unavailable for a couple of days.
Once everything is set and done, we'll have a brand new PestoMix for you by Mr. Jones of The Disclosure Project.
Thank you for your patience & understanding! Oh, and stay away from bluehost.com if you can...
Matty also maintains a dedicated "Tru House" Facebook group which you can find here: Tru House Radio show on Ibiza Sonica
Here's the track list:
Matty Gillespie Mix
01. Pablo Fierro - Check the boogie (Soul Minority Remix)
02. Mike Montano - Should Be Good (Yo funk Remix) (Low Flow Records)
03. Alex Celler - La Palma (Area Remote)
04. Santos - San Francisco (Noir Music)
05. Ross Couch - All At Sea (Karol XVII & MB Valence Remix) (Body Rhythm)
Jon Silva Mix
01. From P60 - Over The Sea (Jon Silva's Futuristic Funk Mix) [IRMA]
02. Ross Couch - Love At First Sight (Ross Couch Second Look Mix) [Body Rhythm]
03. Lea-D - Disco 3000 (Art Patrice Mix) [InDeep]
04. Vernon & Dacosta - Do It Again [Robsoul]
05. Tom Wax & Franksen - 2 The Rhythm [BigCity Tec]
06. Steve Lawler - Almerina [Harthouse Mannheim]
My bro Ricardo Torres of West Coast Collective (WCC) fame has just posted a new mix on his page. WCC Radio is broadcasted via SSRadio UK, the mix is available in AAC and MP3 format.
Contained are lots of hi profile artists such as Jay-J, Yass, Oliver Desmet, Kerri Chandler and lots more.
click here for the download link and a full track list
What about some fresh DJ mixes for you to download in order to launch the "more frequent updates" season here on pesto.de again? Aight, here you are.
Esteban Nuñez and Niklas Paus, our Pestoleros from Stockholm have just dropped their Supermercado Autumn 09 mixes and they're well worth a download. Here's CD 1 by Esteban:
01. Oliver Koletzki ft.Juli Holz - Zuckerwatte (David August Mix)
02. Soul Minority - 100% Missing You (Original Mix)
03. Soultourist - Wild Cats (Original Mix)
04. The Pressure, The Quasar - Take Me Over (Gorge Mix)
05. Gamal Kabar - 4 Lally (Original Mix)
06. Doomwork - Fresh (Original Mix)
07. The Mountain People - Mountain008.1 (Original Mix)
08. Steve Lawler - Distrait (Nick Curly & Gorge Mix)
09. Arnaud Le Texier, V-Sexion - Funk some thoughts (Lemos Mix)
10. Bangana - Straight Lines (Kruse & Amp Nurnberg Mix)
11. Ozgur Can - Dust In The Wind (Original Mix)
12. Horacio - Taberna Del Funk (Original Mix)
13. Youandewan - 1988 (Original Mix)
click here to download the mix (direct MP3 link, you may right-click and "save as")
And here is CD 2 by Niklas:
01. Butane - This Is Your Brain On Music
02. Hatikvah - Synchronicity (Chopstick & Johnjon Mix)
03. Oxia - Sun Step (Original Mix)
04. Cascandy - One Front -(Original Mix)
05. Gaiser - Oolooloo
06. Kabale Und Liebe - Lost In Thoughts
07. Sascha Braemer - Puppeteer
08. Kollektiv Turmstrasse - Luechtoorn Remix (Dominik Eulberg Mix)
09. Cascandy - Two Front (Original Mix)
10. Transform - Transformation (Neumann & Styles Mix)
11. Till Von Sein & Tigerskin - I
12. Cagedbaby - Medicine (Radio Slave Medicine For The Soul Mix)
13. Alejandro Mosso - Somebody
14. Timo Maas - Bite The Dust (Simon Baker Mix)
15. Lemos - Kalooo (Arnaud le Texier Mix)
16. Samuel L Session - The Soloist
17. 2Raumwohnung - Wir Werden Sehen (Solomun Vox Mix)
click here to download the mix (direct MP3 link, you may right-click and "save as")
Hope you enjoy and make sure to add the guys on Facebook.
To be honest, I have also found a majority of really shit music (in the meaning of "not good enough to sign to a label") and crappy mixes (this requires no further explanation, I think).
Today though, I have found a DubHouse DJ set, compiled of tunes released by netlabels that simply blew me away. Excellent selection, excellent mix, excellent tracks - had to copy the set on my iPod to stay there for my travels.
It's this kind of vibe you're demanding on a Sunday morning after clubbing and while smoking special cigarettes, while drivin or just in order to entertain you. Or, as Mixotic, the page you can find this mix on puts it:
"Foton sends the perfect soundtrack for a warum summer night to you. Look up to the stars and let the deepest dub sounds rain on you, really relaxing, laid back stuff!"
Check out Foton's "Quelque Mix", download it, copy the track list and be happy. Nothing more than this except to say "thank you!" for this epic DJ set.
http://doddiblog.blogspot.com - "Quality, Not Quantity is What Really matters", one of the best blogs around covering downloadable DJ mixes, really eclectic selection but it's all about electronic music
http://www.thepiz.org/mralias2 - a dirty beast of freeware synth, this one's available for all major platforms - don't get distracted by the GUI, Mr. Alias 2 kicks major arse
http://www.macosxhints.com - great ressource for OSX noobs but also some hints that you did not know of despite you've been using Macs for ages
http://kvraudio.com - anything plugin or audio software goes here, if you don't find it on KVR, it probably doesn't exist - well worth signing up there and the forum is also a great source of information
Use the board, young Skywalker!
We will publish the first four issues of the "PestoMix" show within the next weeks. In the future, you will be able to download the podcast shortly after the show has been aired on danceradio.gr.
Here's all the details about PestoMix radio show #001:
air date: 18th April 2008
DJ: Jon Silva
01. Kyka feat. Kris Mil - Housetrap (Jon Silva's Dub Trip)
02. Jon Silva - The Mulder
03. From P60 - New Way (Jon Silva's New Dub)
04. Cooccer - Driftin
05. Scope - Lost On Collins
06. Cristian Paduraru - Sharing Transparently (Jon Silva's P2P Mix)
07. Jon Silva - I Want U (Blip It Mix)
08. Soda Inc. - Cocooning
09. Sandra Lima - Higher (The Mulder's Deepest Mix)
10. Jon Silva - Aegean
11. Spirit Chaser - In Deep We Trust
12. Scope - That Deep Track (Jon Silva's Deeply Deconstructed RMX)
13. Simone de Nauw - Luv
14. Da Funk - Electronic Love
15. The Mulder - I Take You Out 2 Space (2007)
16. Andy Sant - Escapizm Vol 1 (Jon Silva's ESC Remix)
17. Nuance Movement - Violet (Soda Inc. RMX)
18. Rucyl - Love In War (Pete Gust Remix)
19. Sandra Lima - Higher (Jay's Shifted Dub)
20. Jon Silva - Have To Talk
21. Cloudsteppers - Make Me Shine
click here to be transferred to iTunes
click here to download the MP3 file
Here's your schedule if you're located somewhere else in the world:
CET (central Europe): 2:00pm to 4:00pm
click here to see the local time of some selected cities around the world
The first hour is mixed by aTaK, third winner of the PestoMix competition on our community board. aTaK delivers a lovely deep set to be followed by an hour of Da Funk's DJ skills. Enjoy "Summer Lovers 2008" in the second hour of our PestoMix show. Here's the track list:
01. The Disclosure Project - Keeping it Deep (Original)
02. Cloudsteppers - Make me Shine (Original)
03. Rocco feat Marcel - Memories (Main Mix)
04. Terry Lee Brown Junior - Dismount
05. Cooccer - Driftin' (Original)
06. Cooccer - Dry Gin (Dub rmx)
07. Murat Oezer - Unbound (Original Mix)
08. From P60 feat. Virag - New Way (Cristian Paduraru House Mix)
09. Sendos Fuera - Can Tanga
10. Sendos Fuera - Black Sound
2nd hour: Da Funk-Summer Lovers 2008
01. Martin Brodin - One (An2 On The Edge Remix)
02. Serge Flibustier - Nowhere (Mango Remix)
03. Shur-I-Kan & Milton Jackson - Finding Time (Dub)
04. 16 Bit Lolita's - Goodbye Pluto (Version 1)
05. No Logo - Dark Star (Francois Dubois Remix)
06. Osamu M & Satoshi Fumi - Everything (Francois Dubois Remix)
07. Budai & Vic - U Just Don't Know (Lukas Greenberg No Future Mix)
08. Nacho Marco - Feelin' (Dub)
09. Office Gossip - Strangers
10. Milton Jackson - Soundtron
Tune in to danceradio.gr here!
Jon delivers a two hours-mix starting with lovely deep Tech, shifting to Tech House the US way and finally evolving in neo-trancish armageddon.
You will hear a couple of unreleased tunes (some of them to be released in brief such as Da Funk's "Roasted" on Traxx 004 and the Clap Clap Mix of Sandra Lima's "Higher") as well as some classics such as James Holden's epos "A Break In The Clouds". Of course, Jon's 2007 smasher "I Take You Out To Space" and his remix of "Sharing Transparently" for 1st Class, that was also sticked to Beatport's #1 in DeepHouse for weeks is being featured, too. Enjoy two hours of shameless self promotion. ;)
Please find the track list below:
01. Villa Lupos - The Mulder
02. Housetrap (Jon Silva's Dub Trip) - JP&Kris Mil
03. Out 2 Space 2007 - The Mulder
04. Driftin' - Cooccer
05. Inside - Ronan
06. Woman Of The Sun (Francois Dubois Sunshine Vocal) - Onionz
07. Roasted - Da Funk
08. Here I am (Shur-I-kan Stripped Dub) - Fred Everything feat. Lisa Shaw
09. Sharing Transparently (Jon Silva's Deep House Mix) - 1st Class
10. Technical Emergency - L.E.O.
11. Get Fresh (Jon Silva's Freshhh Remix) - Aki-Tek
12. Enjoy This Trip - Jon Silva with Djazz
13. Roasted (Jon Silva's Replay) - Da Funk
14. Higher (Jon Silva's Clap Clap Mix) - Sandra Lima
15. Never Felt This This Way (Behrouz and Andy Caldwell Toronto Mix) - Knight Keys
16. Greece 2000 (Maarcos Remix) - Those Usual Suspects
17. The Journey - Cirez D
18. Beauty of Silence - Andrea Doria & LXR aka Lützenkirchen
19. A Break In The Clouds - James Holden
The Paradigm show will begin at 11:00am PST (08:00pm CET, to see your time zone, click here).
Tune in here, Frisky offers stream formats for nearly any player and connection bandwidth. Feel free to visit the forums and leave some feedback there!
Raunchy Rhythms Radio created by station Owner Andy B around just over a year ago, a self confessed house music lover & bedroom DJ having never played out to a large audience himself, our aim is to provide an online radio station not only for the big boys in the industry but also the relatively unknown DJs a chance to broadcast their DJ mixing skills across the world wide web for all the house music lover’s out there 24 hours a day.
You can find our website at http://www.raunchyrhythms.com which is constantly being updated on a daily basis with new content, mixes and the latest news with what’s going on within the industry. One of interesting and unique points about our website has to be the ‘’Request’’ page. All our mixsets are available for requesting instantly via this page.
For instance if you would like to listen to and queue ‘’ DJ Jon Silva- PestoMix 006’’ then click the red ‘’request’’ button on the right hand side of the page opposite this mix and this mix will automatically be added to our playlist for broadcasting, it’s as simple as that !
We are always looking for fresh talented house DJ mixes to play on our radio station so please feel free to get in contact with us either via the Pesto Music Community Forum, our website contact page or direct at admin[at]raunchyrhythms.com.
Welcome to Raunchy Rhythms Radio!