Maxime Ménard, also known as Daxxel and the man behind the Karisma Chronicles podcast, hails from the shores of Brittany in the North West of France. I've already had the great pleasure to supply Maxime with a guest mix and put myself on the ever growing list of top notch artists such as Budai & Vic, The Timewriter, Krummstoff, Cooccer, Edmund, Da Funk, Kruse & Nürnberg and many, many more names you've surely heard before.
Today, Daxxel returns the favour with a deep and bouncing PestoMix and going over that track list lets you already imagine a superb kickstarter for a Saturday night. The mix also works on different days though - I have listened to it on rotation the last days.
Here's what you get on PestoMix 016 by Daxxel:
01. Two Armadillos - Je Suis Differente [STHMLaudio]
02. The Messenger - Your Love [Soul Industries]
03. Leif - Priority Feat. Donna Lea [Fear Of Flying]
04. Nikola Gala - Broken Chords [Freerange]
05. A Few Dudes - Nice Trip (Replika's Trippin Cut) [Deepology Digital]
06. Astraglide - Only You [Ambiosphere]
07. Oriol Calvo, Tetsuya Ura - Not Yet [Extremly House]
07. Yud Kei - Grace Emotion (Sea Of Wonder Mix) [M.O.D.A - Music Fashion]
08. Onur Ozman - Midnight Talk (Astraglide Astral Remix) [Ambiosphere]
09. Patryk Molinari - Some Old Some New [Pesto]
click here to be transferred to iTunes
click here for the direct MP3 link or right-click and choose "save as"
Let's begin with Spain's Nacho Marco, a name you've probably come across if you're into Deep House. This guy knows how it's done and among the great remixes he delivers, he's also the man behind the renowned Loudeast imprint. Here's a link to the latest episode of his Loudeast FM show on mixcloud.com:
Then we have France's Yohan Esprada, who has just released a smashing remix for Robert Owen's "Deep Down", a release currently residing at #1 on Traxsource's single charts. Yohan runs radio shows on Paris Deeper One as well as on SSRadio UK. Here's a link to his page, please check out Progression Session #51:
Up next, there's Mr. Jones of The Disclosure Project. Hmm...does his name ring some bell? Oh yes, it's the very same Mr. Jones who did our current PestoMix 010. Ch...ch...ch...check this out:
Another long-time supporter of Pesto is HD aka Marc (although he got a bit lazy returning feedback recently - shame on you, Marc...LOL). Marc runs the "House Essentials - The Spirit Of Life" show on SSRadio, here's a deep link to the episode in question (requires free registration to listen & comment OR subscribe to the feed link in order to download the mixes - which is a good idea anyways):
Straight from Radio Yerevan, umm, no! Straight from another staple of Deep House Ashot Babayan aka "Krummstoff" comes the following mix (please see below for a politically correct justification of the joke on Radio Yerevan). Ashot comes from Yerevan, Armenia and runs "Low Flow Records" - I think it's the only Deep House label from Armenia (if it's not, then it's definitely the best there - literally ALL of their releases hold at least one tune I'm playing for sure!). Well, here's Ashot's mix - also broadcasted via Ibizasonica just a few of days ago:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e6b0jr (not sure how long this link is valid, so better grab it fast!)
Regarding Radio Yerevan: these used to be running gags in times of the Soviet Union (yeah right, in Soviet Russia, gags run you...). Basis of these jokes is the fictual radio station "Radio Yerevan" that answers questions sent in by users. Both questions as well as answers are plain ridiculous and make you laugh your arse off, given you dig this kind of humour. Like stated above, Yerevan these days is more famous for great House musique in the shape of Low Flow Records - in case you were born after 1980, you probably won't understand the jokes at all (please see Iron Curtain in order to brush up your common knowledge then).
Last but not least, we'd like to present you another mix by a good friend of Pesto, published on the blog of another good friend of Pesto. Sounds weird? It's not. Doddi's "All kinds of music" blog has long been residing in our feedreaders as this guy collects some of the very best DJ mix downloads you can find around. As Doddi is not limited to a particular genre, you will find great Deep House mixes as well as super awesome Drum'n'Bass mixes. Any way, he posted a link to a DJ set of our greek mate Nestoras, also including a guest mix by Cadatta in the second hour of the mix. Get it here:
Of course, there are a lot more DJ mixes available for download, this is just a small fraction. We'll add more mixes here - if you published a mix on your page that hasn't been covered here, send us a message via our contact form and we'll happily update this post.
Today, Open House brings you exclusive sets by two artists who are synonymous with quality House Music…
The first hour is brought to you by Da Funk – The Swiss producer/DJ discovered the scene as a teenager nearly 20 years ago, and has been involved ever since. He started Acryl Music in 2004 which prides itself on deep, techy, forward thinking & innovative House music – and if you are into quality deep, then you are likely to have heard his work.
Da Funk's tracklist:
01. Ark – Rising
02. Soul Minority – Get Together
03. Brendon Moeller – Phazed & Confused
04. Wagon Cookin – Fever (Nacho Marco Remix)
05. Allen – Freezing (Felipe Venegas Flute Break Remix)
06. DJ Bee – Ten Years (Jesus Gonsev Remix)
07. Hey O Hansen – Moon (Jack Is A Simple Fella Mix)
08. Jim Rivers – By Any Means (Luna City Express Remix)
09. Kevin Yost – Too Cool For Me
10. Jay Shepheard – Arrowhead County (Roberto Rodriguez Remix)
11. John Daly – Do It
12. Nomi & Rampa – Inside (&Me Remix)
13. Paronator – September (Da Funk’s Freefloater Dub)
The show’s closing hour is mixed by German production master Jon Silva. Also a veteran to the scene, Jon has been involved with the production and distribution of quality deep and tech house since the late 80’s and has a pile of 12 inch records to his name. In 2001 he developed his own imprint called Pesto, which first influenced my taste in deeper shades of house music. Enjoy!
Jon Silva's tracklist:
01. Ricardo Rueda – Summer Time
02. Fernando Mesa – Need U
03. Bucher & Kessidis – Central Park
04. Norman Creed & Patryk Molinari – Access
05. Berny – Shplatten (Joy Kitikonti Remix)
06. Coce Djz – Messing With My Mind
07. Piyush Awashti – Fragments (Santiago Garcia Remix)
08. Dan Curtin – Mr. Bean Do An E (DJ Madskillz Remix)
09. Ivan Weber – People Are Strange
10. Nick Fay – Progression (Jon Silva’s Rise & Fall Mix)
Just one thing though: I started releasing music in the late 1990ies, not 1980ies - I'm not THAT old as you'd guess from my wrinkles!;)
Here's the direct link to the episode. Make sure you also check out the other episodes of this brilliant weekly podcast, Randy has some really well known and interesting names up there.
How's that? Well, for nearly three years, we were customers at bluehost.com with our domain pesto-usa.com where all our podcasts, free MP3 downloads and a couple of media files are stored alongside some personal files such as MP3 snippets we send to other labels, demos from artists, promotional files and the likes. Despite the miserable bandwidth these servers provided from time to time, resulting in slow downloads for you, we were quite happy with the hosting service as web space was lots for small bucks.
In April 2009 though, bluehost contacted us with the following message:
Your web hosting account for pesto-usa.com has been deactivated (reason: terms of service violation).Although your web site has been disabled, your data may still be available for up to 15 days, after which it will be deleted.
Please note that the account was disabled (and therefore pesto-usa.com was unreachable) BEFORE they sent us this short message lacking details, rather than a suspected violation of their TOS. We opened a chat with their support asking what the trouble was all about when they told us that we had illegal MP3s on our servers. We kindly insisted on being a record company and dealing with MP3 files is the nature of our business and got the account unlocked again.
Apart from providers sniffing through our private data, their service just...umm...lacked. Ok, shit happens - so we went on with bluehost.com.
Just recently, we tried to renew our account as usual and due yearly just to find out that our credit card was rejected with "Code 2".
What does "Code 2" mean, we wondered and again opened a support chat. After the "support guy" advised to ask the card issuer what went wrong, we asked for a couple of more possible flaws: bluehost.com demands not only name of card holder, card number, valid till and security code data but also the full address of the holder, which in itself, is quite unusual. So we asked if it made a difference if we said "Cologne" instead of "Köln" (you surely notice the difference, yet it's still the same city - and btw, their forms don't accept +49 or 0049 as country code - only +1 or 001 for the USA is possible) which was answered again with "ask your card issuer" and the chat was closed immediately after that without any "bye" or "have a nice day" or whatever goes along these lines, also known as etiquette, especially towards paying customers.
To make a long story short, we switched the hosting company which also includes having to transfer all the files to our new hoster. So this transfer alone and necessary changes in the DNS settings may result in our audio files being unavailable for a couple of days.
Once everything is set and done, we'll have a brand new PestoMix for you by Mr. Jones of The Disclosure Project.
Thank you for your patience & understanding! Oh, and stay away from bluehost.com if you can...
Episode 21 features these fine tunes:
01. DJ Honesty, Sygaire - The Time Is Now (Honesty Perspective) / Room With A View
02. Deetron – Orange (Original Mix) / Music Man Records
03. Tony Lionni - Treat Me Right (Jimpster Edit) / Freerange
04. Hypnos - Ordinary Man (R-Tem Remix) / Deepology Digital
05. Ola - She Sings (Original Mix) / Save Room Recordings
06. Tom Middleton – Hypnotizer (Kyka Edit)
07. Oxia - Sun Step (Original Mix) / 8 Bit
08. Spin Science - Fog Patterns (Original Mix) / Cabrio
09. Ethyl, Huxley - Mother Tongue (Original Mix) / Tsuba
10. Bastards Of Funk - Rhythm (Liluca Remix) / Proton Music
11. Sebastian Davidson – Gaze (Soul Minority Deep Mix) / Dark Energy Records
12. Yofunk – Endless (Original Mix) / Loco Records
13. Chelonis R. Jones - The Cockpit (Ekkohaus Remix) / Systematic Recordings
14. Chopstick - A New Dub Feat. Fritz Kalkbrenner (Noir Edit) / Noir Music
15. 6th Borough Project - Miss World (Soultourist Remix) / Delusions Of Grandeur
16. Dennis Ferrer - Hey Hey (DF’s Attention Vocal Mix) / Objectivity
17. Lump - Lord Only Knows (Original Mix) / Brut!
18. Kyka – Roots (Original Mix)
19. The Invisible Planets - Lost In Vibes (Original Mix) / Fresh Fish
20. Shlomi Aber, Itamar Sagi – Blonda (Funk D’Void Remix) / Toolroom
21. Jon Silva - The Love In Me (Original Mix) / Conya Records
You can subscribe to their RSS feed, an additional iTunes link is also being offered on their page. Enjoy!
Proton Radio has a Pesto label showcase since 27th July. You can tune in a 1-hour mix containing lots tracks from our compilation "2.0 - A Jar Of Fresh Pesto". Check it out & have a nice weekend (yeah yeah, you're missing the weekend vibe, right?)! ;)
We are working to fix this issue asap - sorry for the inconvenience & thanks for understanding!
[update1: It seems that a specific iTunes tag is causing the problem. This tag is used to tell iTunes that the web address for an RSS feed has changed. Apparently, doing so causes major hiccups at Feedburner. We’re testing a couple of things now - please excuse if you receive a couple of "updates“ with the same content.]
[update2: After messing around with XML code, Feedburner (ok, meanwhile the name makes sense) and some tweaking in RapidWeaver, the Pesto RSS feed seems to be back to work. We just checked the feed source as well as the Feedburner version and they all update properly, iTunes reveals our latest downloadable "Pesto FreeBee #5". We're happy now, after losing just one day of work...aaaaarrrrghhhh)]
You can check out episode 61 here: Traxsource Weekly Essentials
Thanks to the Traxsource support, we're already gaining chart positions and Sandra Lima's "Higher" currently resides at #74 of the single charts. Thank you Traxsource and thank you fans!:)
This one offers previews on all mixes of Pesto 011 that are way longer and in a much higher quality than you will find anywhere else. Versions featured here are the Original, Jay-J's Shifted Remix, Jon Silva's Club Mix, The Mulder's Deepest Remix and Jay-J's Shifted Dub.
As a special goodie, you will also find Jon's latest remix for the highly acclaimed Duff Note imprint: Orlando Vaughan - Better Than Never (Jon Silva's Take-A-Pella) in the company of DeepHouse lords Miguel Migs and Richard Earnshaw.
Hear yourself why everybody is going mad on our latest release - FMs, DJs, industry pros and music lovers all alike. Sandra Lima's Higher will knock you off your boots (or probably off your flip flops at this time of the year).
Pesto 011 by Sandra Lima is available exclusively on Beatport!
Sounds like a fairytale? It surely is, but that's the story how Ricardo Torres, Sandra Lima and Jon Silva got in touch.
So today is like a dream come true in several ways: first off, we are proud to present PestoMix 008 by West Coast Collective's Ricardo Torres. Below in the track list, you will also find Sandra Lima's brand new "Higher" which will be released in late April. The third dream come true is the fact that you'll have "Higher" remixed by House music legend Jay-J of Shifted Music. Here's the track list:
01. Manuel Tur & Dplay - Move [Compost / Z Records] (includes Akabu - Ride The Storm (Talkapella))
02. Rhythm Plate feat. Astral T - Inside Me [Hudd Traxx]
03. Julius Papp feat. Tonee Green - Primitive Future (Doruk Ozlen Mix) [Soulfuric]
04. Ta - Time (Original Extended Vocal Mix) [POJI]
05. Mirco Esposito & Tommy Mads feat. Andrew Robinson - Feeling (Club Mix) [Deeptown Music]
06. James Bryan - Beautiful World (Central Avenue Soulful Mix) [Barcoda]
07. Bongoloverz feat. An-Tonic - The Ministers (Classic Mix) [Soulfuric]
08. Bobby D'Ambrosio feat. Kelli Sae - Love Forever More, Amen (Fabulous and Jones Club Mix) [Soulfuric]
09. Shagman - Ring My Thing [Candy Town]
10. Groundholder - Do It 4 Da Love (Tommy Largo Mix) [Connected Musik]
11. Sandra Lima - Higher (Jay-J Remix) [Pesto 011]
12. Midnight Salsa - Deeper [Bueno Booty] (includes Jay-J - Latinesta (Acapella) [Moulton Studios]
13. Unknown - Cool Like X [Peaches]
Get your dose of West Coast madness, pure soul and early summer feeling here:
click here to be transferred to iTunes
click here to download the MP3 file
This one deals with Pesto 010 and 010R. It's Pesto's 10th release by Hungary's "From P60". The original release Pesto 010 comes with two original tracks plus remixes by Nikola Gala and Jon Silva. We're also offering another Pesto FreeBee from this release, a hi quality MP3 file you can download for free from pesto.de.
The remix package Pesto 010R comes with more class A remixes by internationally acclaimed artists such as Subsky (Istanbul, Turkey/Urban Torque), Cristian Paduraru (Christian Records/Bucharest, Romania), JP & Chris Mil (Macadam Entertainment, Energy FM/Talinn, Estonia), The Mulder (aka Jon Silva) and last but not least our own Cooccer (Germany/Traxx, Next Dimension, Shayan Music).
You can buy the music covered in this podcast here: